Monday, September 29, 2008

The Week's Miles

At some point last week, I hit a bit of a wall. It was building up for some time, just the accumulation of the extra miles and inadequate recovery. My Achilles was hurting, I was just sorta exhausted. I adjusted a couple runs down a few miles and muddled through. The focus of the week was getting to Sunday in good shape for the 18-mile race. That meant stretching out my week by running eight days in a row. I don't like to do this, but I played around with switching from morning to evening runs to squeeze in extra rest at the end of the week. I'm hopeful I've turned the corner on my Achilles soreness. On Saturday, I wielded The Stick on it. Seemed to break up a lot of stuff and get better blood flow. This morning, after a pretty tough 18, it feels alright. I've made it to a recovery week. I'm taking it for real, adding in an extra full day of rest, and probably not topping out at 50 miles.

Miles: 64.25

No comments: