Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Tour de Dope

The Tour is over. Alberto Contador, or "the little Spanish guy" as I call him, finished in the yellow jersey. It has to be a hollow victory considering the doping circus the Tour became. I'm not sure if all the expulsions and positives are signs that cycling is truly serious about getting rid of doping, or more evidence that the sport has a serious culture problem. I know at this point I wouldn't be surprised if any cyclist tested positive for EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, the cow blood stuff, whatever. I wouldn't be shocked if in the next few weeks we find out more info about the little Spanish guy and Dr. Fuentes. The Times had a good story today about the denial and coverup culture in the peloton. Until that stops, I'd expect more of the same.

11 miles, 1:26
5.75 miles, 44:33

No comments: