Friday, December 14, 2007

Central Park


The hardest part of running a fast marathon is training hard. The temptation is always there to take it easy some days. Central Park can cure that. Maybe it's because there are always people ahead of me that I want to reel in, but I end up running harder there. Not too fast, but at a good pace. I went back there tonight during a 5-mile run at 7:04 pace. Not bad. My near-term goal is to start adding in a long run, with the idea of doing the Manhattan Half Marathon on Jan. 27. Goal: sub-1:30.

5.2 miles, 36:49

2 comments:

Daniel Honigman said...

I know what you mean, especially when you see the moms running, flat-out, pushing their babies in five hundred-dollar strollers.

Nice AdWeek cover, by the way.

Brian Morrissey said...

Nothing quites get the competitive juices going as mommies leaving you in the dust.