Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Countdown: Worrying

It's unavoidable to worry before a marathon. Runners worry about phantom injuries, possible illnesses, lack of training, everything. The ideal for me has always been a relaxing week before the race, without job stress. It never works out this way. That's why I'm typing this going on hour 12 at the office, with a "jumbo cheddar turkey burger" (albeit with a baked potato) on the way. I don't think the Ethiopians are in drab office buildings scarfing down food from Cozy Burger four days before races. But there's not much that can be done. I had to make a quick trip to Minneapolis on Monday and Tuesday, with lots of screwed up sleep because of early flights and/or late nights. I'm tired and feeling the taper depression.

2 comments:

noodle said...

Best of luck, though I know you won't need it. You've trained yer arse off for this. Last minute work snafus are just there to test you. Now Go!

JayVee said...

Good luck!