Saturday, March 28, 2009

Not Boring

The non-runner people often say running is boring. I don't understand this. Part of me thinks they're not interesting people because being alone with your thoughts for a long period of time is pretty fascinating. But it's also a great way to get out and about and see cool stuff. This is particularly true in urban settings. I went on a long run today that took me from 100th Street on the Upper West Side down to Battery Park. There were so many people out and so many things to see and hear. (Another reason not to wear an iPod.) The best was down in Battery Park, where I ran by a couple out for walk. This is the only snippet I picked up from their conversation.

Guy to well-endowed girlfriend: "They're big if they jiggle. They jiggle."

15 miles, 2:01:09

2 comments:

Running and living said...

I completely agree with you. Running is FAR from boring.
Nice blog, Ana-Maria

Ana said...

you go for a long run, you think a lot and you observe a lot, and then you come back and share ALL OF THAT with your girlfriend.