- You've taken or made cell phone calls while running.
- Your iPod is as necessary as your sneakers.
- You prefer treadmills.
- You don't run when it rains.
- You won't drink out of public waterfountains.
- You say "never again" after a marathon -- and mean it.
- You admire Jeff Galloway and/or John "The Penguin" Bingham.
- Your favorite spot to run in NYC is the Reservoir.
- You wear cotton shirts and/or the race t-shirt during the race
- You enjoyed The Nike Human Race. (Kidding, sorta)
Monday, September 8, 2008
Signs You're a Casual Runner
While out running tonight, I started thinking some about the serious vs casual runners post from last week. I honestly think it's great that anyone runs, whether it's once or twice a week, whether it's 6-minute miles or 10. Don't get me wrong, I respect everyone who does it. But it is true the larger the running community gets, the more pronounced the divide gets between serious and casual. I decided to come up with a (tongue-in-cheek) list of signs you might be a casual runner -- with the Seinfeld caveat that "there's nothing wrong with that." I'd say anyone ticking off three qualifies as an official casual runner. (I'm going to do a companion post later this week of signs you're a runner snob.)