Sunday, December 21, 2008

Starting Over

All runners go through the same stuff, from the very fastest to the most plodding. There's a certain kinship because of that. I'm getting in touch with the casual runner set. For the past few weeks, I've started over, running about 3.5 miles a couple times a week. I run slowly, about 8:15-8:30 per mile, often around the Reservoir. My Achilles is better, but it's not fully healed. My fitness has mostly evaporated too. It's hard to believe that a couple months ago I'd run 15 miles before work and did a 1:24 half marathon. That's how it goes, though, and I've grown to appreciate every run. There are times you grow complacent and don't appreciate how incredible it is to have something. I miss running the way I want to run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Casual runner? 3.5 at 8 per clip sounds like Kenyan material to me.