Thursday, May 10, 2007

Breaking: Rain Causes Floods

This is off-topic, but I got a press release today that gave me pause. I'm sent all sorts of press releases, about half of which have nothing to do with what I cover. Many are laughably inane, such as this doozy. As background, there are floods in Missouri. What could be the cause? Worry not, University of Missouri profs have it all figured out.
“What really triggered this was heavy rainfall on Sunday and Monday across a large part of northwestern Missouri and northeast Kansas,” said Pat Guinan, assistant professor of climatology at the University of Missouri-Columbia and MU climatologist with the Extension Commercial Agriculture Program. “It was a widespread and heavy rainfall event over a short period of time."
Wow. It turns out floods are caused by lots of rain. Experts have also found that water is wet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to hunt Buck.