Thursday, May 31, 2007

Next Step

While it's only been about 10 days since The Crumple, I'm anxious to figure out what's next. I'm torn. On the one hand, I feel like I'm ready for something different, something like a 50-mile race. Comrades has always been my goal, but the JFK 50 would be a perfect stepping stone to dealing with KwaZuluNatal. This would mean running a lot, yes, but also running slower. There's no way I could run the same pace for so many miles. But I do still want to run a fast marathon. Maybe breaking 3 hours is out of the question, at least it feels that way now, but I haven't run a truly fast marathon since Philadelphia in 2005. Perhaps complicating matters more, I decided at the last minute today to register for the New York City Marathon lottery. I haven't run NY since 2003, when I edged out both Stroh of Arabia and Diddy without the help of paramedics. If I do run the JFK, I could probably still do NY as a training run. Crazy to think about the NYC Marathon as a training run.

4.5 miles, 36:04

3 comments:

TunaTacoGrande said...

Step it up and break 3.

Anonymous said...

Hey, while searching for widgets for my blog, I stumbled upon www.widgetmate.com and wow! I found what I wanted. A cool news widget. My blog is now showing latest news with title, description and images. Took just few minutes to add. Awesome!

TunaTacoGrande said...

Hey "Anonymous", beat it and don't come back.